Monday, February 25, 2019

Final official week on Gateware

 02/25/2019

Month 4, Week 3

Author: Devin Wright

 Last week I created the Mac demo for the postmortem, I ended up having to using a separate demo from the one on Linux due to the Linux demo being reliant on X11 and it was more work than it was worth to link in X11 on Mac due to it lacking X11 natively. I also fixed a bug with my circle dead zone calculation, it was missing a check to zero out the final axis values if their magnitude was below the dead zone percentage. This meant the dead zone calculation wasn't eliminating low axis values like is should. Lastly, I fixed a bug reported in GAudio that was overflowing a variable when trying to load in a strangely formatted WAVE file.  When reading in unused sections of the WAVE file the section would be read into a long which was usually enough space for the data. However, with a particular WAVE that a user was trying to use it tried to read 190 bytes into the long and overflowed it. So, rather than reading all of the bytes at once I changed it to loop that reads up to a maximum amount of the size of the long until all of the data is read in. 

This week I am just finishing up documentation and getting the slides ready for my postmortem. I am also looking into a possible bug mention by someone using the GInput library. I have not confirmed it yet, but supposedly if you press the left arrow key the shift key will be reported as pressed. I will end up having to make a small test project to see if I can recreate the bug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment