Friday, December 13, 2019

The Gwindow mambo

So I started this week with the intention of getting Linux's GWindow event system working correctly. Originally it was responding to just a couple of events and then going away, and not responding at all to movement or maximize events. I spent the first several days researching the problem before I started testing and it took me learning that everything was caused by an early loop exit to fix the problem.
After getting the event system to not exit early I fixed the move and maximize conditions and then learned that my fix had re-caused a mass of memory leaks I fixed earlier. I spent the next day creating a new escape method with an atomic bool to flag closing (thanks for the help Lari, it worked great) and that put me back at my starting leak count. Then with Alex's help I snagged his common.cpp leak fix and brought the count down even further and now I only struggle with two remaining blocks leaked.
Overall this week has been pretty great, it started off real rough but I finally feel like I'm helping people in my position and its brought my motivation up well. Anyway, I'm looking forward to another good week of gateware work.

No comments:

Post a Comment