Monday, February 24, 2020

When you tried so hard but you have to rewrite your library before you even write it the first time

I wrote some temporary test code as a proof-of-concept for GBlitter's functionality, but on explaining what I've been doing to Lari, it turns out I misunderstood how he wants the library to be structured and now I have to scrap and rewrite my test code. At least I hadn't started writing actual functions yet. It's always better to identify problems as early as possible. I'm confident now that I've properly understood what Lari wants from the library, and I believe that Lari is confident that I've understood as well. I spent an entire day just writing diagrams and notes about the structure and functionality, now I just have to write code to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment