Monday, August 10, 2020

Welcome to Gateware

I've been in the Gateware community (discord) for a little over a month or so but only became a developer last week. My goal for the project is to successfully port it over to Microsoft's Universal Windows Platform (UWP). From there it could be brought to Xbox, opening up that option for future Full Sail students and Gateware devs to use in their capstone projects. Over the last week, I have gotten access to the codebase and successfully gotten it to compile on both Windows and Linux. There was one hiccup with the Linux build, but Ozzie got me back on track and fortunately it was just a simple fix. Turns out you shouldn't try and run Unit Tests on old builds and expect them to work. I've still got quite a bit to learn about the project as a whole and hope to have more of a fluent understanding of it next time I sit down to write one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment