Friday, July 15, 2022

Colby Peck - Gateware Week 14: Documentation and GMatrix wrap-up

I took this week a bit slow, finishing up the pipeline refactor took a bit out of me. So far, I’ve spent this week mostly on wrapping up the refactor of the GMatrix tests. I finished those up yesterday with a small fix to the source code (MakeRelative only works with invertible matrices, but it was returning success and garbage values if given an non-invertible matrix; it now returns failure). That branch is now ready to be merged into master. I spent this morning writing and updating documentation for the pipeline: HOWTOBUILD.txt and HOWTORELEASE.txt got updated, and I added a HOWTOUSETHEHEADERLIST.txt just for good measure. HOWTORELEASE.txt now contains information on what changes might unexpectedly break the newly automated release process (essentially, moving or changing directories or some specific files will break the release process if the pipeline isn’t updated).


My next big task is going to be getting Gateware to work on the latest mac OS. My last post wasn’t quite right; Gateware is compiling, but GWindow is failing some tests. It seems to be a timing issue related to GWindow’s thread handling. 


Ah, yes, multithreading. My favorite.


Lari let me know that he’s going to be taking a vacation in August (I can’t blame him, that man works hard). So I’m going to be taking advantage of his presence to help me troubleshoot this mac stuff while I still can (misery loves company). After he leaves, I’m going to be working on GTemplate’s automated pipeline. I’ve spent six weeks working on CI/CD stuff at this point, so I’m pretty comfortable doing it without Lari’s direct supervision.


No comments:

Post a Comment