Monday, November 26, 2018

Finishing up my first month on Gateware

 11/26/2018

Month 1, Week 4.5

Author: Devin Wright

With most of last week being Thanksgiving break, well also having a delay in receiving feedback on the first draft of my API document. The week was mainly spent re-writing and finalizing the document in order to wrap up the month's work. During, the break I spent some time looking into possible leads for controller implementation on Mac. However, I have not made much progress towards figuring out how to use Run Loops with the HIDManager, yet I still believe the Run Loops to be a possible fix.

Since this week will be the first real week of month two,  I have begun writing out the shell of my interface so that later this month I can add my test cases and my Windows implementation. The plan is to transfer the interface that was planed in the API document, making changes as needed to adhere to Gateware's standards. I also need to decide on how I want to set up my input code, as Lari had the idea to have them use a multi-byte code so that they can identify more than just what button/axis is being polled. This will be helpful since the interface will provide separate support for certain controllers, and this will provide an easy way to tell if the code is supported by the current function. The bytes in the code can also be used to provide any other information I may need from the input codes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment