Wednesday, June 2, 2021

A lot of people are probably mad about the Vulkan update

 This is my second post and it has been quite interesting since my last post.

Since my last post I have been working on patching up problems that a Vulkan update brought to us when we updated to Vulkan 1.2.176. The problem is the 'VK_HKR_portability_subset' device extension not being included when the device is getting set up.

This problem is not from our side, more on the Vulkan side. Fortunately Khronos, who works on Vulkan is aware of this problem is working on a fix.

For now the work around was including a beta header file 'vulkan_beta.h' so the said extension earlier will be defined and we can use it. Although this is not the ideal solution, it was the only solution to keep GW's code from not changing dramatically as Khronos is working on a fix.

We had multiple errors that were related to the 'VK_HKR_portability_subset' extension. When I added the extension from the beta.h file, only one error was left. This error was a parameter error from me trying to use W::GRAPHICS::GVulkanSurface::Create function. What I did was try to increase the number of device extensions to ‘2’ and sending in a vector of ‘const char*’s but it failed.

From working on this I got a better understanding on how programs work on multiple platforms as well as some insight on how different programs work together.

As of now I will be dropping the ticket and will be moving on to fix the GW::Audio problem for Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment