Monday, May 23, 2022

Colby Peck - Gateware Week 7: Linux Fixes (and Breaks)

Week seven working on Gateware has been slower and more frustrating than the last six. My first task was to fix LookAtRH (it wasn’t behaving correctly). That was, thankfully, an easy fix (forwards = eye - at in a right-handed system, not at - eye). Following that, I got right to work refactoring the single-header compiler to use a hard-coded list to order the individual headers (I also snuck in some refactoring that should make the future full refactor easier). I actually tend to find refactoring code to be kind of meditative; it can be very zen. I finished that refactor up around the middle of the week, and it was time to get back to the pipeline! I got to work setting up the single-header test project to compile a single header to a temporary location; simple, right? Well, yeah actually. I set up the cmake script to contain a pre-build step for the test project that compiles the temporary single header, and got it working locally within the hour. But once I pushed that to the repo, the linux build pipeline broke. The remainder of my week was spent digging around the linux runner and the linux pipeline, trying to track down what could possibly be causing the issue (reader, I have yet to find it). The project builds and runs just fine on the linux runner when I build it on its own, but the pipeline refuses to work at the moment. SO! Seeing as I’m stumped on the pipeline at the moment, I’ve shifted my focus onto other tasks until I can get some assistance from Lari. Currently, I’m digging into getting the yaml script to copy the temporary header into the final header position iff the unit tests all pass, and following that I’ll be making a flowchart for Gateware’s pipeline!

No comments:

Post a Comment