Sunday, November 26, 2023

Month 1 - Week 1 - Introduction

As per FSO, my first blog post will be an introduction to myself, my journey, and my goals here. This will help others get to know more about me, the type of person I am, some of my personal achievements, and what I want to do during my time here.

So, my name is Alexander Cusaac. A little bit of history about myself. I started programming when I was just nine years old after finding an old book on Java my brother had--Java for Dummies if I remember. They had just started covering Java 8 at the time and I was hooked from there. From 9-13 years old I spent a long of time just writing small programs, making little IO programs, number guessing games, and messing with other languages like C#. It was around the time I was 14 I started understanding the more complex ideas of programming and started taking steps to really understand them. By the time I went into FSU (Full Sail University), I had made games, GUI software, extensions and mods, a simple OS, and more. Even made a compiler at one point just to understand and learn Rust--a rather unique and different programming language. As of right now, I've been programming for over 13 years, and plan to add many more years as I make programming my career.

I do have a GitHub if you want to look through any projects I have publically available. There's a decent bit to look through, but a lot of the projects are rather old and outside of my quality standards today.

To wrap this up, my goals. My goals with working on Gateware are to, hopefully, fix many issues that are currently on the backlog and generally work on bringing more stability to the project. I may work on adding new features to the project, but that won't be known until later in the following weeks/months. For now, I'm looking forward to fixing a lot of issues and getting the ball rolling on making the project more stable and sound for those using the library.

With that, this is my simple introduction. Happy to be aboard the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment