Monday, February 17, 2020

GRasterSurface isn't perfect but it's time to move on

GRasterSurface still has some improvements that could be made, but it works, mostly. It doesn't draw on Mac, but my proof of concept in the first month also didn't, and after two and a half weeks of searches, I wasn't able to get anything remotely close to useful answers about the problem, so this was expected. It has to work in a non-intuitive way on Linux because of X11 limitations, but that's beyond my control. The only major feature that didn't make the cut in the time I was given is parallelized processing in SmartUpdateSurface, and Lari planned for that to be done if there was time anyway.

Overall, GRasterSurface is in the state it was expected to reach. Lari has now officially moved me onto GBlitter and I've spent most of this week working on the GBlitter interface. It's a good thing this library doesn't need platform-specific implementations, because I only have about a month left to get it finished in.

No comments:

Post a Comment