Monday, February 24, 2020

Post-mortem

What I did:
1. Porting old libraries of Gateware into a new architecture
2. Writing a file concatenation tool that concatenates all implementation includes into one gigantic file
3. Assiting teammates when needed

What went wrong:
1. Porting the first ever library to the new architectue. This is because during the time we were still learning about the new architcture, and that library was GWindow and it contained cross-platform code. Since use of static stuff is limited I have come with a work around to solve the issue for all platforms.
2. Setting up new architecture project in Mac. This is because I did not know about objective files can be compiled with C++ code in it. Spent a couple days on setting up the project because of that.
3. Porting Linux libraries. X11's documentation:

What went right:
1. Begun the tool the first month. The tool was a really fun task, I enjoyed it. I'm glad I started early because in the final month I figured out my recursion algorithm caused stack overflow and was able to implement a fix quickly.
2. Porting on Windows. I LOVE WINDOWS, Win32 API is really well documented and we've been coding on Windows for so long. So porting windows library wasn't diffcult. Though there are some hinderances along the way. STATICS :(

No comments:

Post a Comment