Tuesday, May 8, 2018


Direct2D_Support bug fix & problems on Mac
Date: 4/16/18
Author: Tyler Murray
End of the second week of month two. My goal is to fix the DIRECT2D_SUPPORT bug where it prevented the user from using the graphics debugger. Mid-Linux bug fixes I had to switch gears to windows side into it GDirectXSurface. After getting the bug fixed I have to then do a release which entails making sure all platforms pass the unit tests. Which has lead me to my current problem now. Mac side is getting a crash when running the test so this week I’ll have to track the source of this problem and fix it then move to Linux fix that and then finally do a release.
Finding the Direct2D_Support bug wasn’t hard since it was little code to look through and figured it out quickly it was an additional device flag being set that caused the problem. After fixing Window side still was able to run and pass all unit tests. Now on Mac side it failed the unit tests, and my plan is to go to the previous commits one-by-one to find where the error first occurred and track it down that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment