Tuesday, May 8, 2018


Problems on Linux
Date: 4/09/18
Author: Tyler Murray
Second week of month two. My goal is to fix any errors on the Linux side and then locate and clean up any memory leaks found. The problem I’m facing is running Linux side normally and with memory leak detector (Valgrind) it outputs different results. Normally it shows it passes each test but with Valigrind it fails some.
So, prior to this week I fixed the problems on the debug side of Linux that was causing failure in the unit tests. There was an allocation with memcpy() to a double void ptr which caused problems to come later in the unit tests. Another problem was a thread error where the bool used to exit the thread loop wasn’t being changed when the thread was “done”. Fixing this allows me to run it with Valgrind which shows 2 errors, both in GAudio when using the filepaths given in the unit tests. Valgrind also states that there are 87 leaks in the project. My goal this week to look into the filepath errors in GAudio and see if fixing them reduces the number of leaks. I’ll will be doing more research in Valgrind, and Linux-side filepaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment