Friday, April 8, 2022

End of Week April 8th

 

The EOF bug I chose to fix has uncovered many flaws in Gateware, but they've since been patched up. Though, I've also learned how to not go about merging branches on GitKraken, as I lost my work on Monday afternoon due to an improper merge. Thankfully, I was able to recover my work using the tools provided on GitKraken. 

    
The bug that had me caught all day on Thursday involved unnecessary calls to Seekg inside the Readline() function for the Linux build of Gateware. Calling Seekg too often drastically hinders the performance of the Single Header Compiler to the point it would time out from taking too long. These unneeded calls were removed from mac and windows, but had been lost during my learning experience with using GitKraken's merge tool. They were recovered after returning to an older commit.

The last bug I managed to discover is, after my merge to recover lost work, was that the Linux Test machine was not building the GVersion file which the unit test files rely on inorder to function. This was caused by an internal issue in a CMake script


No comments:

Post a Comment