Friday, April 29, 2022

Returning to Vulkan

 This week was all about Vulkan, as I had to fix an issue that was preventing Anisotropic filtering for GVulkan surface. The fix was easy, as the flag that enabled the feature was inside an if statement that was checking for MSAA being enabled. By moving the flag out of the if statement any user wishing to program with GVulkan surface can use Anisotropic filtering without the need for MSAA. 




Most of my work went into rewriting the unit test to show a texture of a ship painting. I got to learn how to write a GLSL shader for texture sampling, which made the image below possible.



the texture itself is a header file with the color data, which is then fed into the Vulkan shaders with a buffer to access the data itself. This was quite a challenge since it had been a while since I visited low level Vulkan code! All in all this week was challenging with low level code but I'm glad I was able to pull through this one! This also brings my second month on the Gateware team to a close!

No comments:

Post a Comment