Monday, January 13, 2020

Docker and Thread Pools

Coming back from break and jumping back on to Gitlab CI was a bit of an uphill struggle. I started my week trying to run Docker through my Ubuntu VM but I kept running into errors that lead me to empty stackoverflow threads and the day after that Docker just decided to completely fail me on Ubuntu. So, I blew up Ubuntu and loaded up Docker on my host OS; I'm not longer getting the strange errors like on Ubuntu, now I just have to fight with writing a good Docker image.

Meanwhile, I got a secondary assignment which was to write unit(stress) tests for GDaemon. GDaemon was a hot pile of intertwined confusion at first, but after I understood it, I began to break it... rather easily. So, when a 'std::cout' "fixed" an issue, that was about the time Lari decided to revisit GDaemon and make a revision. GDaemon is now so nice, I'm gonna feel bad when someone breaks it.

No comments:

Post a Comment