Monday, January 20, 2020

From audio to porting

Month: 3, Week: 3

Our priorities got changed, and currently, I am no longer working on improving GAudio but rather helping to port the rest of the libraries to the new architecture. My initial task was to port GBufferedInput but now I am transitioned to porting GInput instead. Supposedly, GInput is an easier library to port but it has many internal issues I would need to resolve to proceed with the complete port. My initial idea of multi-threading our unit testing has failed, since Catch2 only supports serial testing, so I would need to isolate the GInput testing with the window creation within the GInput unit tests, instead of running the input and Catch on separate threads.

I had a lot of questions about the new architecture and GInput refactoring, but now I feel pretty confident in my what I am supposed to do now. And since GWindow already got ported (at the moment, Windows and Linux only), I would be able to use it as a baseline for some of the input simulations and create functions.

In the meantime, I am also waiting on complete GDaemon changes, so I can finish up the testing I did on it that I started last week. Also, after I am done with the input libraries, I will move to GAudio porting which due its complexity might take a while to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment