Monday, June 13, 2022

Colby Peck - Gateware Week 10: The Compiler is Moving Out!

 This week, I finally got together with Lari and we figured out the next step in the pipeline refactor. The single header compiler (and any other release-related stuff) are getting moved out of the development repo! We renamed the old GTools repo to GCompiler and I started work on moving the single header compilation and testing over to it. The GCompiler repo has the development repo as a submodule, and it pulls latest from master any time it runs.


It's going very well.



All joking aside though, the rate of progress on this pipeline is actually very satisfactory. The pipeline is already compiling and testing a single header from latest source. Sure, the tests are failing, and I don’t know why  they’re failing, but seeing as I only got two days of work into it (I met with Lari on Wednesday), I’d say it’s going at a good pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment