Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Colby Peck - Gateware Week 11: Pipeline Progress

This week opened with me fixing a bunch of pathing issues related to moving the compiler and single-header test projects out into their own repos. It turns out some of the unit tests include relative paths that need to be preserved (they point at various resources used for testing). No big deal, the GCompiler pipeline now builds the executables to a location with the same relative path as the standard unit tests, and passes in the proper relative path (which is actually a rather roundabout and unintuitive process). But it works now! 

GCompiler's current pipeline



Additionally, the pipeline now has a release stage! Right now, it just generates the doxygen, but once Lari and I decide on a solution for pushing from pipeline, this stage will also be pushing an updated single header release (as well as documentation) to the release repo. On that note,  I made a personal, private repo (a ‘burner’ repo, if you will) so I could safely experiment with tokens and repo access without Lari needing to grant me admin privileges over any of Gateware’s repos (and also so if I leaked credentials or access, the compromised repo could just be deleted with little to no loss of work). And I did it!


Woah, is that a gitlab job committing and pushing? Yes. Yes it is.



That is, I successfully got a pipeline to push to its own repo (the repo that launched the pipeline). Next up on the docket is getting a pipeline to push to a separate repo. Once I’ve figured that out and implemented it into the GCompiler pipeline (and removed all of the single-header stuff from the development repo), the pipeline refactor is essentially finished!


…is what I would say if  the windows runner wasn’t having git issues. For whatever reason, it doesn’t seem to have permission to get the development repo as a submodule, and I have no idea why. It was working, then it just wasn’t! I’m hoping it’s something simple like a credentials issue, but until it gets solved I’m stuck running the GCompiler windows pipeline on my laptop. Not a big issue at the moment, but in the long run, if the pipeline doesn’t work on Lari’s runners then it doesn’t work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment