Friday, June 24, 2022

Post Mortem June 2022

 It's certainly been a very interesting 4 months working on the Gateware project, as this is my final blog post on the day of the Full Sail post mortem presentation. This week I was mostly writing all the final documentation for all the tasks I had completed over my time here on the project, as well as providing notes to the two unfinished tasks I still had leftover before the code freeze the day before post mortem. Those two issues that were left over are the GWindow Race condition on Mac, and GVulkanSurface's multiple renderpass feature. 

Looking back, I find it's crazy that in the course of four months I went from GFile up to starting the research needed to add a new feature to Vulkan, as well as all the other things I got my hands on when working with the Gateware Team. Learning the new OS's, IDE's, and how to use new Git clients really was interesting when learning them. I have found that Mac may be a bit of a handful from a native windows user, and Linux can be a bit picky with some code that works on Windows and Mac, but it gave me learning experience I cannot understate the benefits of.

To all my teammates who worked with me during my time on the Gateware project, thank you for your help and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment