Friday, June 10, 2022

Factory deployment and venturing back into Macbook work

     My work on Factory finally reached a stopping point this week, as the work had been officially merged into master! Factory was an interesting project to work with, as it also had many challenges I had to overcome and study while fixing it. Adding it to GBlitter was quite simple, though I did run into a challenge of adding a piece of ld_vector functionality and debugging the functionality to make it work with GBlitter entirely.

    After getting the changes made to Gblitter, I transitioned to one of our Macbook test laptops. Updating the machine to monterey and getting Gateware to compile with the new updates wasn't a very simple task, as I personally am a Windows user. But, with the help of my teammate we were able to get gateware to compile until we ran into an issue inside of GFile with would cause the compilation of the single header to fail. The reason it wasn't able to complete the task was due to the lack of a declaration for <stdlib.h>, which had the definition for a function that had previously been defined in another spot. After deleting the build on the mac and recompiling, Gateware's unit tests would run. However, I then discovered that GWindow has a tendency to fail during the tests inside of an Objective-C file that handles closing the window. Investigation will need to be done on this but I feel it won't be too stressful while I'm already halfway through my final month of Full Sail

No comments:

Post a Comment